2¼ cups oat bran (300g)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup Splenda
2 egg whites
1¼ cups skim milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
¼ cup mixed nuts (30g), chopped
¼ cup mixed dried fruit (50g)
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Lightly grease 12 x ½ cup capacity muffin holes with cooking spray.
2. Put the oat bran, baking powder and Splenda into a bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk together the egg whites, milk and canola oil. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Gently fold through the nuts and dried fruits.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepare muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins begin to come away from the side of the pan.
PER SERVE KJ (cal) 614 (147)
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Chooz to Looz Program
1 serve = 2 bread exchanges, or 1 bread and 1 fruit exchange